Daniel Irvine and Jasmine Powell have received Rackham Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Awards. The Rackham Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor awards recognize the efforts and accomplishments of GSIs who demonstrate extraordinary dedication and excellence as teachers. A University-wide award, only 20 graduate students are recognized annually.

Daniel is a fifth year Ph.D. student studying symplectic geometry under the direction of Dan Burns. He received his undergraduate degree in math from the University of Notre Dame. Daniel has taught Calculus I and II since joining UM in 2014. He is passionate about teaching, and making math accessible.

Jasmine is a fourth year mathematics Ph.D. student studying complex dynamics under the direction of Sarah Koch. She received her undergraduate degree in math from Northwestern University, with a minor in computer science. Jasmine has taught Calculus I, Differential Equations, and Discreet Mathematics. She served as a graduate student course coordinate for Calculus I during the Fall 2018 term.