The Andy and Ellyn Lansing Leader-Scholar award is given to a rising senior who demonstrates academic excellence in the classroom and leadership qualities in the Organizational Studies Program and/or larger University of Michigan community. Winners of this award are chosen by the OS faculty and staff. 

Get to know Riley!

Minor: Program in the Environment (PitE)

OS Activities/Clubs: Student Leadership Peer Mentor

U-M Activities/Clubs: Co-President of the Student Sustainability Coalition, Resident Advisor through Michigan Housing, Writer for the Undergraduate Journal of Sustainability, and Member of the pre-law professional fraternity Beta Alpha Rho

Outside U-M: HR Operations Analyst at Ally 

For Fun: Yoga, Fitness, Reading (non-fiction, fiction, it's all great), Cooking, Piano, Soccer, the Outdoors

We asked Riley his thoughts on the OS program and receiving this award ...

"I first learned about the Organizational Studies program through a friend and former OS student, Jordan Schuler, that I met during Festifall my first semester at U-M. After learning more about the program through information sessions, online research, and meetings with OS students, I knew it was the right place for me. I am grateful for the opportunities to grow and learn alongside my fellow OSers, to ask questions and meet with the brilliant and supportive OS faculty and staff, and to be a member of this amazing community. This year, I look forward to continuing to explore unique and interesting topics through the organizational studies lens and give back to the OS community. I am incredibly thankful and honored to be the recipient of the Lansing Leader-Scholar Award this year. Thank you."