We strive to support our students and faculty on the front lines of learning and research and to steward our planet, our community, our campus. To do this, the Department of Economics needs your support.
Alumni and Friends Make a Difference
Every year, the Economics Department benefits from the generosity of alumni, parents, and friends. Your support helps to ensure academic excellence and an environment that attracts and rewards exceptional students and outstanding faculty.
Gifts from alumni and friends of the Economics Department provide vital support for learning and research, program innovation, and new initiatives. Every gift is important and makes a difference in the Department’s ability to provide unique opportunities for students and faculty. We especially need your support for these priorities:
- Department Strategic Fund—Provide financial resources for unexpected needs and challenges, such as seed funding for faculty research projects, computer lab expenses, and conferences. If you do not designate a use for your gift, it will be added to this fund.
- Foster Library—Advance the research activities of students and faculty by providing funding for electronic resources and the ongoing costs of the Foster Library.
- Named Seminar Series—Expose students to the world’s leading economists and promote intellectual exchange for faculty.
- Named Graduate Student Support—Strengthen both graduate and undergraduate programs by supporting talented graduate students, the faculty of tomorrow.
- Named Career Development Professorships—Enable Economics to “grow its own stars” by endowing professorships for recently tenured scholars.
- Named Endowed Professorships—Attract, retain, and recognize superb faculty, the key determinant of academic leadership.
To make a gift to Economics, please click here.
To learn about other ways to foster connections with our community visit our Opportunities to Engage page.