- Awards & Scholarships
- Commencement & Graduation
- Email Group
- Events for Economics Majors
- Featured Alumni
- Policies & Procedures
- Requirements for the Major and Minor
- Undergraduate Student Groups
- Transfer Students, Credits, & Study Abroad
- Economics Subfields at Michigan
Majoring in Economics
The requirements for the major can be found here. Note: If you declared the major before Winter 2019, please scroll down in that same page to find the requirements that apply to you based on when you declared.
Minoring in Economics
The requirements for minoring in Economics can be found here. Note: If you declared the minor before Fall 2015, please scroll down in that same page to find the requirements that apply to you based on when you declared.
Declaring the Major or Minor in Economics
When declaring the Economics major or minor, a student must:
- Have already completed the prerequisite courses with the requisite grades AND
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or better in Economics courses already taken.
Paths Through the Major in Economics
Economics is a challenging major. Even so, most students who major in economics can graduate in just four years. For several examples of how to make timely progress through the major, even if you decide on economics late, or transfer from another university, or study abroad, click here.