- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- All Events
New York, Los Angeles, Chicago: these are just a few of the major cities that come to mind when we think about major networking and internship hubs. Yet, we know that an LSA degree stretches farther than just the confines of the United States. LSA students are taking their degrees to new heights, especially as the world continues to become more interconnected. The Opportunity Hub is thrilled to announce a new, engaging program centered in Dublin, Ireland, one of the largest centers of economic growth and development in Europe.
The IES Summer Abroad in Dublin experience is currently accepting applications until Friday, February 14 from LSA students interested in the summer 2020 program. Unlike other summer abroad experiences, acceptance into the program guarantees a placement in an internship in Dublin. The program works with you to find the internship that best suits your skills and interests. To truly make the most out of your summer experience, the Hub is thrilled to offer a unique and personable mentorship connection with LSA alumni living in Dublin, through:
- Pre-departure virtual connections with alums living and working in Dublin at companies such as Google, LinkedIn, Qualtrics, YouTube, and more
- On-site networking event with fellow LSA students and alums to build mentorship connections and learn more about their professional paths to Dublin
- Post-departure reflection sessions aimed at helping you communicate your experiences during job interviews, grad school applications, and more
The program costs range from $7,190-$7,690, which includes housing, a 3 or 6 credit course, and the cost of the program. Airfare, food, and other expenses are not covered, but for students concerned with costs, there are a number of funding sources available. The LSA Internship Scholarship awards up to $7,500 for international internship experiences, and funding is also available through IES’s funding options. Any questions, whether it be about funding, the logistics of the program, or the process of applying can be directed to our Global Alumni & Employer Relations Manager, Alia Orra (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline to apply is Friday, February 14 so be sure to use this opportunity to maximize your liberal arts education and become a global student this summer in Dublin, Ireland.