- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- Student spotlight: Unlocking the mysteries of the human body—and demystifying the career exploration journey
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- How to (net)work your way into a new career opportunity
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- More than just students: setting the Hub up for success
- In the “room” where it happens
- Applied Liberal Arts courses at the Hub
- Leveraging your LSA alum network as a recent graduate
- The road to discovery: An LSA alum looks back on how she found fulfillment in an unlikely place
- Three science alums, three very different career journeys
- Career fairs: an opportunity to explore, connect, and practice
- What is ‘career exploration’—and why does it matter?
- Three alums, three identities, three incredibly diverse career paths
- Internships: A way to trying on different careers for size
- An inside look into career coaching
- Where will your LSA degree take you?
- Waste not, want not
- 2022 LSA Internship Fair
- All Events
No need to wait until entering the workforce to learn invaluable “life skills” such as networking, interviewing, or navigating challenges in the workplace. Our coach-led workshops are designed to give LSA students out-of-the-classroom learning experiences so you can get where you need to go.
Some of these Fall workshops below are accompanied with online Canvas modules that are meant to be completed before attending the live workshop. Workshops are open to all LSA undergrads who RSVP, but space is limited. RSVP early to avoid the waitlist.
Click on the workshop title below to learn more or reserve your spot.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Fall's virtual workshops
Access to online Canvas module ends on Sep. 22 at 5 p.m. | Career Fair Prep
Did you know that career fairs are still happening virtually this fall? Career fairs remain an important part of your career exploration journey because they are a one-stop destination for discovering new organizations, industry trends, and potential career paths. If you’re interested in attending a virtual career fair this academic year, join the LSA Opportunity Hub for a series of interactive online Canvas modules by clicking the link above!
Sept. 22: 6:30-7:30 p.m. | The Hub presents: Emerging Trends in the Data & Tech industries
Join us for an engaging roundtable discussion with U-M alums about how the data and technology sectors have been impacted by the current pandemic. Industry professionals Reene (GM), Tina (Toyota), Joel (Amazon), and George (Google) will share insights on how they’ve adapted their work to address the ever-shifting and unpredictable variables of an outbreak like COVID-19, how hiring in these sectors has been affected, the ways that current LSA students can continue to explore these industries, and strategies for securing an internship or job in this new environment.
Sept. 23: 3:00-4:30 p.m. | The Essentials of Networking
If you're looking to grow your understanding of networking this is the workshop for you! Through online Canvas modules and a live virtual workshop, you will learn how to tap into networks you already have, introduce yourself professionally, and build authentic, long-lasting connections.
Sept. 29: 5:00-6:00 p.m. | Hub Workshop: Grad School Prep
If you’re thinking about applying to grad or professional school (or already have it in your plans), this coach-led virtual workshop will provide a blueprint on what you need to know as you explore this possibility. Discover the realities of graduate study, learn what makes a competitive candidate, and find out how best to prepare for the application process.
Oct. 13: 7:00-8:00 p.m. with online Canvas module | Application & Interview Prep
Whether you’re looking for an internship this Winter semester or searching for job opportunities, learn how to craft a resumé and cover letter that potential employers look at longer as well as how to effectively interview. You’ll work at your own pace as you practice translating your strengths and experiences into an effectively constructed resumé, cover letter, and interview. T
Oct. 20: 5:00-6:00 p.m. | Internship Prep & Search
Internships provide an exciting opportunity for you, but what should you be considering before and during your internship search process? Join Hub coaches and internship program coordinators for an interactive virtual session on how to prepare for the internship search process, and how to stand out in your particular industry of interest.
Oct. 27: 5:00-6:00 p.m. | Accessing Internship Funding
This workshop is designed for LSA students who are looking for financial support to cover the cost of interning. We will share options and resources available to all LSA students so you can confidently pursue these transformative internship experiences.
Nov. 3: 3:00-4:00 p.m. | Exploring Your Career Interests
The overarching purpose of this workshop is to help you articulate the answer to this question: “What are you going to do with that degree?” This session will help jumpstart your exploration of the countless career possibilities open to LSA degree holders.
Nov. 11: 4:00-5:00 p.m. | Diversity in the Workplace
Have you ever had to wrestle with changing your name to assimilate at work? Or debated how to wear your hair to an interview? Maybe you’ve considered adjusting the way you speak, or which parts of your experience to share in your application materials? Join us for this coach-led workshop to reflect and articulate a response to challenges like these.
Nov. 18: 6:00-7:00 p.m. | So you want to find an internship?
What should you be considering before and during your internship search process? Join Hub coaches and internship program coordinators for an interactive virtual session on the internship experiences available through the Hub, how to prepare for the internship search process, and how to stand out in your particular industry of interest.
Dec. 2: 4:30-5:30 p.m. | Post-Grad Planning for Seniors
As a soon-to-be grad, this time can be both exciting and challenging. Fortunately, the Hub is here to help! This interactive virtual session will provide graduating seniors a dedicated time to pause and reflect on what they’re taking away from their LSA education and to build a strategy for what comes next.