When you meet with a Coach, you are making the powerful decision to engage in a thought-provoking, co-creative process that will allow you to reflect, discover, explore, and build a plan for how to develop your professional identity and reach your professional goals and aspirations.
However you interact—whether through a shorter drop-in session, or a more in-depth scheduled coaching appointment with a Hub Coach or Peer Coach—Coaches help you design a strategy that bridges the gap between where you are now and where you ultimately want to be professionally. The Hub’s coaching services are exclusive to LSA undergrad students.
Some of the topics you might want to explore with a Coach include:
- Identifying your strengths
- Figuring out your career interests
- LinkedIn best practices
- Résumé, cover letter, personal statement
- Internship or job preparation and search
- Navigating social and professional identities
- Internship funding options
- Interview preparation
- Graduate and professional school
- Volunteer, research, and other hands-on experience
- Building relationships with LSA Alums
- Learning about campus resources
- + more
Note to recent LSA graduates: Our services, including coaching, are designed for currently enrolled LSA undergraduate students. If you are a recent LSA graduate, we are happy to recommend other university services and resources that are able to best serve your needs. Visit the Hub's Your Post-Grad Launch page for information about how to connect to both U-M and non-U-M career services that are accessible to you post-graduation. This page also includes helpful resources on launching into this next chapter of your life.