Welcome to the Winter 2024
This is an exciting time for students. CGIS wants to motivate and inspire you! At CGIS pre-departure orientation, learn more about the intercultural experience on which you are embarking. Reflect on your goals for during and after the program as you engage with other participants.
This is a time for you to ask lots of questions and be active in the planning process. You will meet with your CGIS advisor and other program staff. Topics include:
- Pre-departure checklist (course registration, billing and payment, booking flights, visas, M-Compass requirements, and so on)
- Program and travel details (arrival, housing, banking, communication, excursions and side travel, and more)
- Cultural differences and identity
- Health and safety considerations
Attending all pre-departure orientation activities is mandatory for CGIS program participants.
Missed general orientation? Instructions on how to make it up:
- Watch on Zoom or review slides for the Health & Safety Orientation (1st accordion)
- Watch on Zoom or review slides for TWO of the six breakout sessions (2nd accordion)
- Complete the makeup orientation quiz for proof of completion.
General Health & Safety Orientation
Breakout Sessions (2 required)
Program Specific Orientations
No more live orientations offered for Winter 2024
Check the links above for the recorded sessions!