Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Going Abroad Again

Hungry to travel once again? There are many opportunities for students to go abroad both during college and after. Students can study abroad again or try their hand at research or an internship abroad. After graduation, there are opportunities for international fellowships, teaching, and service work abroad. Learn more below!

Go Abroad with CGIS (Again): Who says students can’t go abroad multiple times? Plenty of students go on repeat experiences around the world. Instead of another short-term program, how about selecting one of the many semester program options? Or travel to an underrepresented country? Check out our full catalogue of programs on M-Compass!

Intern and Research Abroad: Try out a different kind of abroad experience with an internship or research abroad experience. There are a variety of opportunities out there, including our International Internships. Check out the International Institute website for funding resources.

Raoul Wallenberg Fellowship: The Raoul Wallenberg Fellowship allows selected students to take part in a community service project or civic participation anywhere in the world. The fellowship supports such experiences as volunteering in a humanitarian organization, school,  or clinic/aid program. The fellowship also promotes the exploration of humanitarian issues not well understood in the US. Learn more on the ONSF website.

Peace Corps: Peace Corps volunteers commit to two years of living and volunteering abroad, and working alongside a local community. If interested, students might want to participate in U-M’s Peace Corps Prep program.

Fulbright: The Fulbright U.S. Student Program is the largest U.S. exchange program, offering opportunities for students and young professionals to undertake international graduate study, advanced research, university teaching, and primary and secondary school teaching worldwide. Students can learn more about advising and applying by checking out the International Institute page on the topic.

Obtain a Master Degree Abroad: Planning to get an MA? Why not consider earning one in a foreign country? Students don’t necessarily need to speak the local language –– especially in Europe students can find programs in English and funding to study, such as funding provided by DAAD to study in Germany.

Teach, Volunteer, and More Abroad: Find more opportunities on the ONSF International Programs page and the International Center’s website, as well as on M-Compass.