Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}


Interested in declaring?

No appointment is necessary to declare a major or minor (except for the Romance Languages Major).  You must have a declared major to declare a minor.

MAJOR/MINOR Declaration Form

Please be advised that major and minor declarations may take up to ten business days to be processed.

If you need to make changes to your major or minor, please email

International Studies? If you have questions about an International Studies major/minor, please contact the Program for International and Comparative Studies (PICS).  

Questions? See our advising FAQs page or contact a member of the undergraduate services team at

General questions about a major/minor or studying abroad

If you have questions about degree requirements, course selection, or are considering study abroad, please schedule a general advising appointment and review the RLL website.

Going or returning from abroad

You are required to have coursework pre-evaluated by an RLL faculty advisor prior to going abroad; syllabi and specific course descriptions are needed. A final evaluation of coursework is required upon return from abroad. Specific courses and credits must appear on the transcript; syllabi and completed coursework are needed. See the RLL study abroad webpage for details.

Transfer Credit

You are required to have coursework pre-evaluated by an RLL faculty advisor prior to enrolling at another institution; syllabi and specific course descriptions are required. Review this PDF checklist for specific steps regarding transferring domestic credit. 

Please review the following websites:
LSA Transfer Information & Residence Policy
RLL Transfer Credit Policy
Office of Admissions: Transfer Credit
UM Transfer Course Equivalency Database
Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) Form

final evaluation of coursework is required upon returning to UM. Specific courses and credits from the other institution must appear on the UM transcript; syllabi and completed coursework are required.


Discuss opportunities to complete an RLL honors major or follow-up on your progress toward an RLL honors major.


The term prior to your expected graduation, you must meet with an RLL advisor to have a major/minor release completed! Before your appointment, please make sure that your RLL declaration is accurate and that study abroad credits are posted to your transcript (if applicable).

See the Graduation & Commencement page for event information and other details. You can also visit the LSA Advising website for more detailed information on requirements for graduation. 

Questions pertaining to placement or the LSA Langauge Requirement should be directed to