- Majors and Minors
- Course Information
- LSA Language Requirement & Placement
- Registration & Academic Policies
- Study Abroad
- Language Clubs
- Transfer Credit
- Language Learning Resources
- Summer Language Institute
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
Le Comité Francophone, the French club at the University of Michigan, aims to create an inclusive space for French-speakers of all levels to practice their French and connect with others of different backgrounds, as well as to foster the learning of French and Francophone cultures in a flexible and fun environment. Join us either in-person or virtually for relaxed conversations to develop your speaking skills while also getting exposed to different experiences and possibilities through the French language! Some yearly event staples include outdoor walks and picnics, French movie screenings, game nights, cooking soirées, as well as soccer tournaments and Yost Skating outings. We would also love to hear your ideas about other events we could host! LCF further provides members with opportunities through which to exercise their skills, such as becoming a tutor for other French students.
Conversation Hours: Tuesdays 7-8 PM at Amer's on State St. & Wednesdays 8-9 PM on Zoom
Drop-In Tutoring: Tuesdays 1-2PM and Thursdays 5-6PM (both tutors are native French speakers).
- In person: Alcove A of the Language Resource Center in North Quad.
- Virtual: To sign up ahead of time for virtual tutoring via zoom: https://forms.gle/tV9TjjUc2DvM9Q8E7
Contact us at email@example.com with any inquiries and to be added to our weekly newsletter!
Italian Student Association (or ITSA), the University of Michigan’s only Italian club, provides students the opportunity to learn more about Italian culture while practicing their speaking skills in a relaxed and enjoyable setting. Some of the events we host include game nights, movie screenings, cooking demos, soccer tournaments, club outings to nearby cities and towns, and more! ITSA also organizes exam reviews for Italian 101 and 102 students. Suggestions for other events you’d like to see happen are more than welcome! The club aims to serve as a resource to students interested in any opportunity related to Italian language and culture – whether it be academic or out of personal curiosity – and also to serve as a liaison between students and the Italian department and faculty. We can help with homework, give study abroad advice, or just generally help you find what you’re looking for. ITSA great time!
Fall 2021 Weekly events take place on Thursdays from 6:30 - 7:30 pm with the goal of exploring all things Italian. They alternate between themes that help members gain experience with conversational Italian and/or expand their understanding of Italian culture. Meetings will be both in-person and virtual.
If you would like to receive updates and info about our events, send an email to ITSAboard@umich.edu.
Feel free to email us with any questions. We’ll see you at our next event!
The Spanish Club is a student run organization focusing on the Spanish language and Hispanic/Latinx culture. This club has opportunities for students of all levels, from beginners to native speakers. We provide many resources to students such as holding conversation hours during the academic year to practice speaking Spanish as well as free, walk-in peer tutoring. We also hold monthly themed meetings and sponsor fun-filled recreational events including Yost skating nights, Spanish movie nights, Latin Dance nights, and local community service.
- Conversation Hours: 5-6 PM on Mondays (in-person) and Wednesdays (in-person and virtually)
- In-person conversation hours take place in the basement of M-36 Coffee Roasters
- Virtual hours via Zoom (https://umich.zoom.us/j/94449439146)
- In-Person Peer Tutoring: 5:30-6:30 PM on Tuesdays, 4-5 PM on Wednesdays, 4-5 PM on Thursdays. In-person peer tutoring takes place in Alcove B in the Language Resource Center in North Quad
- Virtual Peer Tutoring: 4-5 PM on Mondays on Zoom (https://umich.zoom.us/j/99960185357)
To learn more about the Spanish Club, and to be added to the club’s list-serve, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on instagram @spanishclubuofm