When you schedule your appointment through the link below, please specify a preferred format for your meeting. If you are unable to be available at your appointment time, please cancel your appointment as using the same system.
Please note that for the first few weeks of the semester, appointment availability is scarce. Please plan ahead accordingly.
The faculty advisors for Earth and Environmental Sciences undergraduates are Professor Rose Cory, Professor Yihe Huang, Professor Kacey Lohmann, Professor Selena Smith, Dr. Jefferson Yarce, Professor Jena Johnson, Professor Ingrid Hendy, and Professor Jenan Kharbush.
Students are encouraged to work with the same advisor throughout their career. New advising appointments can be set up with any of these advisors. Their subdisciplines are listed below. Students interested in any of these subdisciplines are strongly encouraged to meet with that specific advisor.
- Prof. Rose Cory, Associate Chair for Curriculum, Room 1018 Noth University Building (environmental biogeochemistry, geochemistry, climate change, geobiology)
- Prof. Yihe Huang, Room 4534F North University Building (seismology, geophysics, earthquakes)
- Prof. Kacey Lohmann, Room 1014 North University Building (geochemistry, geology, sedimentology)
- Prof. Selena Smith, Room 3508 North University Building (paleontology, environmental science, paleobotany)
- Dr. Jefferson Yarce (geophysics, seismology, tectonics, and natural hazards)
- Prof. Jena Johnson, Room 3006, North University Building (Geomicrobiology, Geochemistry, Sedimentology)
- Prof. Ingrid Hendy, Room 3500 North, University (Paleoclimate; Climate Change; Oceanography; Geochemistry)
- Prof. Jenan Kharbush, Room 1016, North University Building (Oceanography, Geobiology, Environmental Sciences, Geochemistry)
Students with transfer issues or seeking information on study abroad should contact Professor Rose Cory.