When you schedule your appointment through the link below, please specify a preferred format for your meeting. If you are unable to be available at your appointment time, please cancel your appointment as using the same system.
Please note that for the first few weeks of the semester, appointment availability is scarce. Please plan ahead accordingly.
The faculty advisors for Earth and Environmental Sciences undergraduates are Professor Yihe Huang, Professor Kacey Lohmann, Professor Selena Smith, Professor Ben van der Pluijm, and Professor Rose Cory, Associate Chair for Curriculum.
Students are encouraged to work with the same advisor throughout their career. New advising appointments can be set up with any of these advisors. Their subdisciplines are listed below. Students interested in any of these subdisciplines are strongly encouraged to meet with that specific advisor.
- Prof. Rose Cory, 1018 Noth University Building (environmental biogeochemistry, geochemistry, climate change, geobiology)
- Prof. Yihe Huang, 4534F North University Building (seismology, geophysics, earthquakes)
- Prof. Kacey Lohmann, 1014 North University Building (geochemistry, geology, sedimentology)
- Prof. Selena Smith, 3508 North University Building (paleontology, environmental science, paleobotany)
- Prof. Ben van der Pluijm, 4534B North University Building (structural geology, tectonics, human resilience, hazards)
- Dr. Jefferson Yarce (geophysics, seismology, tectonics, and natural hazards)
Students with transfer issues or seeking information on study abroad should contact Professor Rose Cory.
During Fall and Winter, students should use the LSA Advising Appointment System to make an appointment: Click on this link to make an appointment.
During the Spring and Summer half-terms, students should email Professor Rose Cory for an advising appointment.
Major or Minor Release for Senior Audit
Students seeking major or minor releases should first email their advisor. Most releases do not require an office visit and can be done by email.
LSA Advising Office: Newnan Advising Center