- Application Information
- FALL Preview
- The MS program
- The PhD program
- Coursework for MS and PhD students
- The Qualifying Exam (PhD)
- Graduate Student Instructors (GSIs)
- Research and Travel Funding
- Departmental Policies
- Student Publications and Awards
- Resources for Graduate Students
- Graduate Program Statistics
- Professional Development
- Scholarships & Fellowships
There are a wide range of professional development opportunities to help students explore career options, prepare job applications, and develop skills. Approaches to professional development include participating in professional scientific societies and conferences, seeking out internship opportunities, and a diversity of networking opportunities and workshops hosted in the department and university.
A complete list of graduate certificate programs is available here but the most common certificates earned by EES students are in public policy, DEI, teaching, and science communication, offered through various departments and institutes on UM’s campus.