Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Resources for Graduate Students

Wolverine access

Wolverine Access is the University's web portal.

  • For prospective students, you will check your application status and accept admission here.
  • As a U-M student, go here to check your student account, register for classes, update your address, etc.

CRLT Resources for Graduate Students

The Center for Research on Learning and Teaching has a number of resources for graduate students. You can find the GSI Guidebook here, as well as information about the U-M Graduate Teacher Certificate Program.

The “Preparing Future Faculty” seminar is an annual program for senior students who plan to pursue a career in academia.

Rackham Graduate School

See the Rackham Life and professional development pages for additional resources.

Rackham Professional Development Grants

A Rackham Professional Development Grant is intended to support Rackham doctoral students seeking careers both within and outside academia. This funding is to support short-term experiences that promote the development of professional skills which will further a student’s career goals.

Rackham Graduate Student Emergency Funds

The Rackham Graduate Student Emergency Fund is intended to help meet the financial needs of Rackham graduate students who encounter an emergency situation or one-time, unusual, or unforeseen expenses during their degree program.

Rackham Resources for Graduating Students

As students near the completion of their graduate studies, they might be thinking about "what happens now," as it relates to a variety of topics, including insurance coverage and access to campus services. To help address these questions, Rackham developed a frequently asked questions page for graduating students. Read more...

Health Insurance and University Health Service

Graduate students who are employed as a grad student research assistant (GSRA), grad student instructor (GSI), or who are on fellowship are eligible for the University's GradCare health insurance. See the GradCare webpage for more info. 

University Health Service is the campus infirmary. Most students use UHS as their primary care facility. See the website for more information.

The Well-Being Toolkit at the Office for Student Life

Counseling and Psychological Services

To make an appointment for counseling, call 734-764-8312, or visit the CAPS website, for more information about their services and to view staff biographies and graduate student-specific services.

CAPS has an embedded counselor at Rackham: Dr. Laura Monschau, works specifically with graduate students. To schedule an appointment, email her at All counseling services are free and confidential.


New International Student Fee – The University implemented a fee of $500 per semester for enrolled international students studying in Ann Arbor with F or J visa status. The university will cover the fee for all Ph.D. students in good academic standing and for students appointed as GSIs or GSSAs, in accordance with the Graduate Employees’ Organization collective bargaining agreement.

Campus Information Center – Information about campus organizations, services and events. 

Interactive Campus Map