Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$root.page}}

Advising

To support the University of Michigan's efforts to help minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, all meetings with our advisors will be virtual or via telephone until the university returns to regular operation. When you schedule your appointment through the link below, you will be able to specify a preferred format for your meeting. Please provide any required information. If you are unable to be available at your appointment time, please cancel your appointment as using the same system. 

During the summer months, all advising appointments will be scheduled by appointment only. Please contact FTVM's Associate Chair, David Marek, at dkmarek@umich.edu, to request an appointment time.

Students who are ready to declare an FTVM major/minor,
please e-mail Carrie Moore at ctave@umich.edu directly OR make an advising appt.

For information on internships, please contact Mary Lou Chlipala

Meet the FTVM Advisors

Hello aspiring media makers, scholars and screenwriters! I'm David Marek, a production Lecturer and the Associate Chair of the Department of Film, Television and Media. In addition to being an Advisor for the major, I oversee the FTVM undergraduate curriculum and the Global Media Studies Minor. While both Dawn Hollison and I are happy to help you with declaring the FTVM major, course planing, major requirements and graduation, please make an appointment with me specifically if you have questions about study abroad or transfer credits from other UofM departments or outside institutions. I look forward to saying hello and hope you're having a great semester.

Hello! I'm Dawn Hollison, Lecturer and FTVM Undergraduate Major Advisor. Please make an appointment to talk to me if you have any questions regarding course planning, the honors program, meeting your departmental requirements and/or graduation -- or if you are thinking about declaring and would like more information about the Department of Film, Television, and Media. For questions about study abroad or transferring credits from other departments or schools, please see David Marek.