- John H. and Patricia W. Mitchell Scholarship
- John H. and Patricia W. Mitchell Internship Scholarship
- John H. Mitchell Visiting Professor in Media Entertainment
- John H. Mitchell Critical Conversations
- John H. and Patricia W. Mitchell Community Outreach Fund
- News and Press
The Critical Conversations Fund is used to support FTVM’s signature speaker series which brings prominent industry professionals, academics, and practitioners to campus to address current topics
of interest to the entertainment and media industry.
Our Fall 2022 John H. Mitchell Critical Conversation, "Lights, Camera, Activism: Cinema, Television, and Social Change," held on Tuesday, November 15, 2022, addressed the ways in which cinema and television have grappled with challenging social and political issues regarding migration, class, race, and gender.
The talk featured Filmmaker Nancy Savoca, our 2022 John H. Mitchell Visiting Professor in Media Enterainment, in conversation with Actor/Writer Pascale Armand, Writer/Director Stephanie Osuna-Hernandez, and Comedian/Writer/Disability Advocate Maysoon Zayid.
Photo of Nancy Savoca by Gerardo Somoza - © Reunion Pictures, LLC
Photo credit, Austin Thomason, Michigan Photography