- Campus Resources
- Curriculum and Programs
- Fall 2023 RC Courses
- Incoming RC Students
- Information for Parents and Families
- Internship Opportunities
- RC Advising
- Student Academic Forms
- Student Life: Orgs & Opportunities
- Transfer Students
- Welcome Week 2023
The Drama Major is open to ALL LSA Students.
The LSA Drama Major, administered by the Residential College, offers a unique course of study at U-M: approaching dramatic literature through performance. Students examine all the stages of the dramatic process and attune their sense of theater aesthetic through practice and experimentation.
Students immerse themselves in the dramatic process as actors and directors as well as learning about all the aspects of production: costuming, scenery, lighting and sound design.
The curriculum offers students a variety of hands-on experiences and opportunities to study, explore, and perform. The LSA Drama Major requirements consist of 35 credits that move from introductory courses to those along two distinct upper-level tracks.
The LSA Minor in Text to Performance is 16-18 credits and also culminates in a play production capstone seminar that brings all elements of drama study into focus.
Drama Major Overview
Minimum Credits: 35
1. Fundamentals of acting and script analysis: 7 credits
2. Theater History Sequence: 6 credits
3. Categories Exploration: 18 credits
4. The Senior Capstone Course: 3 or 4 credits
Advising for RC Drama
Faculty members who teach RC Drama courses include:
- Kate Mendeloff Please refer to this article for an overview of Kate's legacy and lasting influence on the RC Drama Program.
Guest faculty join the RC faculty from time to time, bringing their unique expertise to enrich our students.