This one-credit course helps you become competitive for internships as you explore connections between your academic interests and professional goals.
In this course you will:
- Articulate goals, investigate options, and create actions plans.
- Connect your experiences, interests, and coursework to the competencies employers look for.
- Identify, engage, and expand your professional networks.
- Locate and make use of assistance and campus resources.
- Communicate your story in a compelling way for professional audiences.
Take this course if ANY of these describe you:
- I’m a freshman/sophomore/junior still focusing my interests.
- (Seniors, see ALA 325: Putting Your Education to Work)
- I want to build connections between coursework, extracurricular activities, and professional competencies.
- I’ve had zero to moderate experience preparing to apply for internships.
- My major is undecided and I’m exploring options.
- I’m progressing in my major and I’m exploring where it might lead me.
- I’m planning on applying for an opportunity/position soon or at some point.