This one-credit course is designed with LSA juniors and seniors in mind as they prepare to meet their goals beyond graduation. Classes are interactive, and the course is structured so that students prioritize and progress toward individual goals.
At the heart of the course is developing fluency in articulating the value of the LSA degree. At the end of the course, you will be able to articulate nuanced answers to the question, “How has your college experience prepared you for your career?”
In this course you will:
- Create a search strategy for jobs, mentors, and funding
- Reflect on academic experiences, interests, and coursework and create coherent narratives about your time at college to be used in application materials and interviews.
- Engage campus resources and U-M alumni networks in prospective industries, fields, and/or location.
- Produce application materials, including grad school applications, résumés, cover letters, and profiles.
Take this course if ANY of these describe you:
- I’m a junior or senior planning for opportunities beyond graduation.
- I’d like to be able to confidently communicate the value of my degree.
- I’m deciding which opportunities I want to pursue after graduation.
- I’d like to engage my professional networks, improve my interviewing skills, or communicate more fully in my application materials.
Juniors who would value this course may be given an override by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Enrollment preference will be given to LSA seniors.