- Undergraduate Math Courses
- Major and Minor Programs
- Research and Career Opportunities
- Awards, Scholarships, and Prizes
- Extracurricular Activities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Transfer Credit
- Student Spotlight
The Math Department offers a number of undergraduate-level independent study courses. This provides an opportunity for students to receive course credit for the academic component of their work when they are:
- Working in a research lab
- Conducting their own research
- Performing an in-depth study on a mathematical topic
- Participating in an internship or volunteer opportunity
When a particular area of mathematics is not covered by a regular course offering, an independent study course provides students knowledge and experience in that area. Course content, assignments, meeting times and grade requirements are arranged with a mathematics faculty member.
If you have questions about independent study, contact the math undergraduate office at firstname.lastname@example.org.