The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA) accepts applications to allow graduate students to teach as instructors of record in established courses, or courses of their own design, at the 300/400 level across the College.
PLEASE NOTE: We are reviewing applications for teaching a course of a graduate student’s own design for Spring/Summer 2024 only (not Fall or Winter terms).
- Before submitting an application, all students must first be selected and approved by the department to teach as instructor of record at the 300 or 400 level.
- All students must meet the LSA training requirements.
- Must have a faculty mentor (reserve instructor) for the course.
Deadline: Ongoing, but applications should be sent to the LSA Dean’s Office for approval well in advance and prior to the course being listed in the LSA Course Guide.
- Application deadline for Spring and Spring/Summer Term is April 22, 2024.
- Application deadline for Summer Term and Fall Term is June 12, 2024.
- Students will complete the online application below through InfoReady Review.
- Please review the LSA training requirements and the Online Application Form Information & Process before beginning an application.
- The LSA Dean’s Office will review applications in the order that they are submitted, and notifications of final decisions will be sent by email.
Please note: the application system cannot accommodate department-specific email addresses (e.g.,email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.).
Please be sure to enter the personal UMICH email addresses for all contacts in your application.
Please Note: Approval as the instructor of record does not automatically imply approval of the offering of the course itself; other considerations at the department's discretion, including enrollments, may factor into whether the course is offered.