- Commencement 2020
- English Department Writing Program
- English Major
- English Minors
- Major/Minor Program Requirements
- Creative Writing
- Engaged Learning Opportunities
- Course Clusters
- English Honors Program
- Advising Information
- Download Undergraduate Forms
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
- LSA / UM Resources
- Undergraduate Newsletter
- Transfer Policies
- Special Programs
- This Week in English...
Many will tell you that success in business often hinges on how well you can tell a story: How do you create connection, build trust, share a vision, inspire action? How do you make meaning for others out of specialized information? How can you communicate effectively in the workplace every day? Through explorations of storytelling, argumentation, professional writing, and literary forms, this cluster offers critical skills for future leaders in professional and business worlds, assisting in the development of communication skills that are highly valued in the contemporary workplace.
Courses in this Cluster (Fall 2020):
- English 140 - Rhetoric and Rights: What Else Did the 19th Amendment Do?
- English 223 - Creative Writing
- English 225 - Academic Argumentation
- English 229 - Professional Writing
- English 298 - Intro to Literary Studies
- English 305 - Exploring the English Language
- English 317 - Literature of Medicine
- English 319 - What Difference Can a Story Make?
- English 325 - Art of the Essay
- English 345 - The New Essay
- English 425 - Advanced Essay Writing
This course cluster may be of special interest not only to literature students, but also to students in Business, Marketing, Medicine, STEM, History, and Political Science.