Şahin Açıkgöz successfully defended their dissertation, Transgender in Translation: A Transnational Category of Socio-Cultural Analysis.

Please join me in congratulating Şahin for this wonderful accomplishment and extending our best wishes as they embark on a postdoctoral fellowship in Religious Studies at the University of California, Riverside in the fall!

Maximillian Alvarez successfully defended his dissertation, Technologies of Resistance: Media, Anarchy, and Radical Politics in Early 20th-Century Mexico.

Congratulations, Max, and best of luck as you continue your important work at the Chronicle and with your podcast!

Megan Berkobien successfully defended her dissertation, (E)co-translation: Toward a Collective Task. 

Meg has accepted an ESOL teaching position in the Baltimore Public Schools this fall. Please join me in congratulating Meg on her tremendous accomplishment and wish her the very best for this exciting next chapter!

Shira Schwartz successfully defended her dissertation, titled Yeshiva Quirls.

Please join me in extending congratulations to Shira for this wonderful accomplishment, as well as good wishes for her postdoctoral fellowship at Stanford and position as Assistant Professor in the Department of Religion as the Phyllis Backer Professor of Jewish Studies at Syracuse University!