A good idea is to have conversations with people who have taught the course before, but sometimes they aren’t available.
The next best idea: Contact the lab manager, Jim Vollmers. He will give you a brief update on how the Teaching Support Staff can assist with all the details of how the labs run. He can introduce you to the support staff and supply you with information about:
- Lab access
- First week of class
- How do students get their equipment
- What’s WebCheckout and how does it work?
- Safety in the Lab
- What to do in an emergency
- Rules & Procedures for students and GSIs
- What is normally stocked in the labs and where to find things
- How to order chemicals or special supplies
- Technology in the lab
- What’s available
- Operating instructions
- What if it’s not working properly
- Procedures for getting things repaired or replaced
- AV capabilities
The Teaching Support Staff is here to assist faculty and GSIs with all physical aspects of lab instruction. Get the latest information about how the support staff can help you.