Academic Advising appointments are available online .
Winter semester open advising
Dr. Kathleen Nolta
Location: Chem 1500
Please email all advising questions to email@example.com
Major Advisors are available to provide advice on:
• the requirements for the different majors
• guidance on course selections
• guidance on the various careers open to students with chemistry or biochemistry degrees
• suitability of the various majors as a foundation for further professional training such as graduate or medical school.
Major advisors have authority in exceptional circumstances to modify departmental requirements, but not College-level requirements.
There are three times when students are required to see advisors:
- To declare a major (the sooner the better) It is not necessary to complete every prerequisite before declaring a major.
- To file a major release form (usually first term senior year)
- To make any change in a major plan that would require an exception to be made to the course requirements.
- Chemistry Major Worksheet
- Biochemistry Major Worksheet
- Biomolecular Science Major Worksheet
- Interdisciplinary Chemical Sciences Major Worksheet
Degree Pathway Maps
- Biochemistry Minor Worksheet
- Chemistry Minor Worksheet
- Chemical Measurement Science Minor Worksheet
- Chemical Physics Minor Worksheet
- Polymer Chemistry Minor Worksheet
Department of Chemistry, Transfer Request Policy:
In order to request evaluation or re-evaluation for any Chemistry course(s), the external institution's course instructor and/or department teaching or offering the course(s) will need to send:
- a detailed sample syllabus
- copies of exams & quizzes
- laboratory experiments (when applicable)
The material should be submitted to the Department of Chemistry for review at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For further information, please contact the Chemistry Undergraduate Office