Chemistry Climate Reporting and Suggestions
The Department of Chemistry is committed to maintaining a friendly, inclusive, collegial, supportive climate that promotes learning, collaboration, and scientific discovery.
We invite you to use the climate reporting form linked below to report any actions that are contrary to this commitment and concerns or suggestions that you have about the departmental climate.
This form should NOT be used to report questions pertaining to laboratory safety, building access, infrastructure, etc. Instead, contact building manager Tracy Stevenson to discuss these concerns.
Likewise, this form should NOT be used for reports of specific incidents of assaults, hate crimes, or discrimination by specific individuals. U-M has many resources available to all its members for both reporting such events and for receiving support. Many are linked below.
For Graduate Students
- Chemistry’s Current Graduate Student Assistance
- This web page include emails for the Graduate Committee, the Ombuds, and Student Services Staff
- Rackham Resolution Officer
- Rackham Graduate School Discrimination and Harassment - What to Do
- LSA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion website
- LSA Academic Integrity website
- U-M Office of Institutional Equity Harassment and Discrimination Reporting Form
- Sexual Misconduct Reporting and Resources
For Faculty and Staff
- Faculty and Staff Counseling and Consultation Office (FASCCO) (all UM employees)
- Mediation Services for Faculty and Staff email:email@example.com.
- Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Human Resources
- Faculty Ombuds
- Grievance Resources
- More resources are available on the Office of Institutional Equity and Faculty Ombuds Office websites.
Code of Conduct
A Code of Conduct statement has been adopted by the department that further describes the expectations in conduct, reporting mechanisms, and sanctions.