Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Masters Program

We offer several ways to obtain a Master's Degree in Chemistry:

  • Master's Degree in Chemical Sciences - for students who did not obtain their undergraduate education in the University of Michigan Chemistry department. This one-year degree program can be either course-based or research-based. 

Applications for MS in Chemical Sciences are accepted December 15-February 15

Read carefully the pages for each program, linked above.

If your questions about our masters programs are not answered on the web pages for each program, then please contact: Chemistry Masters Program (email:

A Master's Degree may also be earned by PhD students in Science Education. Learn more about the PhD-Master's Dual Degree Program.