- Great Lakes Arts, Cultures, and Environments (GLACE)
Who Can Apply?
All University of Michigan students are eligible to apply for GLACE, as are special students and international students. GLACE is an intensive and communal academic program that requires fairly continuous participation. Therefore students who anticipate having other important summer-term commitments, including any online classes, should probably not apply this year.
Program Costs and Financial Aid
- Students are responsible for the cost of six credits of UM summer half-term tuition.
- Students who receive financial aid during the academic year may be eligible for LSA scholarships to help defray spring-term tuition costs.
- In addition, students may apply for GLACE-specific need-based scholarships funded by two generous donors.
Important 2022 Dates
- January 1: LSA Spring/Summer Scholarship application available (awards on a rolling basis)
- March 29: Application deadline for LSA scholarships
- June 25: GLACE begins
- July 30: GLACE ends
To Apply: fill out the application when it becomes available in January.