- Great Lakes Arts, Cultures, and Environments (GLACE)
Who Can Apply?
All University of Michigan students are eligible to apply for GLACE, as are special students and international students. GLACE is an intensive and communal academic program that requires fairly continuous participation. Therefore students who anticipate having other important spring-term commitments should probably not apply this year.
Program Costs and Financial Aid
- Students are responsible for the cost of eight credits of spring-term tuition. and $1,190 room and board fees at UMBS.
- Students who receive financial aid during the academic year may be eligible for LSA scholarships to help defray spring-term tuition costs.
- In addition, students may apply for need-based and merit-based scholarships through the University of Michigan Biological Station.
- Note: This includes a new funding source. The English Department has received additional support from two generous donors for GLACE-SPECIFIC, need-based SCHOLARSHIPS.
- Round-trip transportation between Ann Arbor and Pellston is covered by UMBS.
2019/2020 Mass Meeting Dates
- November 13, 2019, 5-6pm in 3154 Angell Hall
- February 12, 2020, 5-6pm, in 3154 Angell Hall
Important 2020 Dates
- January 1: LSA Spring/Summer Scholarship application available (awards on a rolling basis)
- February 21: GLACE application deadline
- March 15: UMBS Financial Aid deadline (including GLACE-specific scholarships)
- April 3: Spring Term course registration begins
- April 7: Application deadline for LSA scholarships
- May 11: GLACE students arrive at UMBS
- May 12: classes begin
- June 12: classes end
- June 13: GLACE students depart UMBS
Contact program director Ingrid Diran with questions about GLACE.