- Great Lakes Arts, Cultures, and Environments (GLACE)
Who Can Apply?
All University of Michigan students are eligible to apply for GLACE, as are community college and international students. GLACE is an intensive and communal academic program that requires fairly continuous participation. Therefore students who anticipate having other important summer-term commitments, including any online classes, should probably not apply this year.
Program Costs and Financial Aid
- Students are responsible for the cost of six credits of UM summer half-term tuition.
- Students who receive financial aid during the academic year may be eligible for LSA scholarships to help defray spring-term tuition costs.
- In addition, students may apply for GLACE-specific need-based scholarships funded by two generous donors.
Important 2023 Dates
- January 1: LSA Spring/Summer Scholarship application opens (awards on a rolling basis)
- March 15: Application deadline for UMBS and LSA Spring/Summer Scholarships
- July 1: GLACE begins
- July 29: GLACE ends
To Apply: fill out the UMBS application.