- Graduate Courses
- SUMMER EAP: Academic English for U-M Graduate Students
- Online Pre-Arrival Course: Preparing for Graduate Success
- Graduate Language Clinics
- Online Academic English Courses for Winter 2024!
- International GSI Program
- Academic English Workshops
- Courses and Resources for International Scholars, Faculty, and Postdocs
Academic English Courses and Resources
The ELI offers a wide range of credit-bearing English for Academic Purposes courses for graduate students at the University of Michigan.
ELI classes are small, interactive, and provide students with extensive one-on-one feedback. Our curriculum is based on the latest research on the kinds of speaking and writing students need to achieve their academic and professional goals. Our faculty provides every student with a high-level of personalized guidance and support.
For a one-on-one counseling session with an ELI faculty member which includes an assessment of your language needs and guidance choosing an appropriate course, please click the button below to make an appointment or e-mail ELIadvisor@umich.edu.