Here are links to some activities around Ann Arbor that Conversation Circle facilitators have found popular in the past.
ELI maintains a Game Library for groups interested in playing.
In the past, these locations have been especially popular for Conversation Circle meetings (please check for current availabilty/Covid-restrictions, etc):
- Amer’s on Church Street, State Street, or Michigan Union
- Bopjib on Church St.
- Chatime Michigan
- CoCo Fresh Tea & Juice, Ann Arbor on Plymouth Rd.
- Computer and Video Game Archive (Duderstadt B474)
- Grabbagreen food+juice on E. University Ave.
- Kilwin's Chocolates on E. Liberty St.
- Lan City Noodle Bar, Ann Arbor on S. University Ave.
- Literati Coffee
- M-36 Coffee Roasters
- Maize and Blue Delicatessen on S. University
- Michigan League (basement or Maizie's)
- North Quad (lobby or Language Resource Center)
- Palmer Commons (Fields Cafe)
- Panera on North University or Plymouth Rd.
- Pierpont Commons (lobby, piano lounge, Commons Corner, Fireside Café, or Mujo Café)
- Shapiro Undergraduate Library
- Starbucks South University
- Sweetwaters on E Liberty or N Fifth Avenue
- UMMA commons area
- Vertex Coffee Roasters on S. University Ave.
- Yoon's Bakery on Plymouth Rd.
Other Central Campus locations that have attracted previous circle facilitators include the Ann Arbor District Library, Common Cup Coffee, the Law School Commons Café, the Mosher-Jordan the Munger Graduate Residences 8th floor lounge, NYPD, Potbelly on State Street, the Rackham lobby, the Ross School of Business Winter Garden or Siegle Café, the School of Education Brandon Center, the School of Social Work lobby, Silvio's, TeaHaus, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, and the Diag. Other North Campus locations include the BBB lobby, the GG Brown atrium, and Songbird Cafe.
Feel free to pick a location just for your first meeting; you and your Circle members can then decide together on a mutually acceptable location for subsequent get-togethers. Just be sure to alert CircleUp-Questions@umich.edu if you change your meeting location.
Finally, North Campus locations are always popular, and tend to fill up within hours, because typically demand is very high and supply is very low.