- WINTER 2022 AnthrArch Undergraduate Courses
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Summer Field School: U-M Training Program in Archaeology
- UMMAA Undergraduate Awards & Scholarship Opportunities
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program
- Current Graduate Student Resources
- International Travel
APPLICATIONS for the 2022 UMMAA UNDERGRADUATE AWARDS cycle will open in February 2022. Please check back for more information as it becomes available.
We invite you U-M undergraduates in good academic standing to check back for the new cycle of funding opportunities of up to $2,000 through the Museum of Anthropological Archaeology. These funds help students participate in a field or research opportunity related to anthropological archaeology. Priority will be given to Anthropology majors/minors who have not previously received Museum of Anthropological Archaeology awards or scholarships.
The application process requires:
- an online application
- a project description and budget
- ONE faculty member or GSI to fill out and submit the recommendation form
- an unofficial copy of your UM transcript
- Submit ALL application materials as Word or PDF documents to the Undergraduate Awards Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete instructions, forms and link to the 2022 online application will be available here soon.
Read about the experiences of the Undergraduate Award recipients for summer fieldwork here.
2019 Award recipients, with destinations of Peja, Kosovo and Morganton, NC:
- Martin Anderson
- Gabriella Armstrong
- Trevor McKinney
- Madeline Topor
- Ceilia Weberg
Additional funding is available through the Department of Anthropology, the University of Michigan and a variety of external sources. Click here for more information.