Based on the following criteria, if you believe you qualify for an application fee waiver, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In a brief e-mail, provide proof and explain your qualifications for a fee waiver.
Fee waivers are limited and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Application Fee Waiver Criteria:
- You have a record of superior academic achievement (send unofficial transcript);
- You are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
AND you must meet one or more of the following:
- Come from an educational, cultural or geographic background that is underrepresented in a graduate study in your discipline in the United States or at the University of Michigan;
- Have demonstrated a commitment to diversity in the academic, professional, or civic realm through your work experience, volunteer engagement, or leadership of student or community organizations. By diversity, we mean efforts to reduce social, educational or economic disparities based on race, ethnicity or gender, or to improve race relations in the U.S.;
- Have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances
- Are a first generation U.S. citizen or first generation in your family to graduate from a four-year college.