To apply for a Winter 2024 GSI position in Physics, please complete the application on careers.umich.edu. The job opening ID is 241635.
This first-round application requires ONE document which includes:
- Cover letter describing your interest in the GSI position, the maximum level of appointment you are seeking (.25, .35, or .50), and a brief summary of your physics background;
- CV or resume.
Required qualifications are:
- Must be currently enrolled as a graduate student in good standing at the University of Michigan
- Possess the ability to effectively teach and evaluate undergraduate students
- Possess broad knowledge of varied aspects of physics
- Must also be registered for not less than six (6) credit hours during the semester of their employment.
Once first-round applications have been reviewed, those who move to the next round will receive a link to the second-round application.
In Winter 2023, approximately 31 students applied for GSI positions (not exactly the same positions).