National Organizations with Diversity Efforts
- The American Institute of Physics (AIP) hosts many diversity initiatives through its Member Societies (See page for details).
- The American Physical Society (APS) offers a range of networking and mentoring programs for young and early-career physicists with focus on recruitment and retention of members who identify with different minority groups.
- The Institute of Physics (IOP) Diversity Programme is a British effort to foster and maintain diversity in the British physics community.
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) maintains an Office of Diversity and Inclusion to improve and highlight member diversity.
- The National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP) is the largest and most recognizable organization devoted to the growth, development, and advancement of the African American physics community.
Resources on Diversity Statistics from National Organizations:
- The National Science Foundation: Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities in S&E
- The American Physical Society: Minority Physics Statistics
- The American Institute of Physics: Diversity: Statistics & Reports