On the second floor of the Kelsey Museum, overlooked by a beautiful Tiffany window commissioned in 1888, is a small non-circulating library. Housed here are books, journals, and monographic series relating to the Museum's collections and to the study of the ancient world more broadly. The library is intended for use by Kelsey staff, visiting scholars, and students in the Interdepartmental Program in Classical Art and Archaeology, and is not open to the public. The holdings of the Kelsey Museum Library largely duplicate books and journals in the University of Michigan Library.
Although the Kelsey Museum Library is normally closed to the public, we offer occasional tours to show the Tiffany window to interested visitors.