Summer Lecture Series
The annual Summer Lecture Series at the University of Michigan Biological Station explores scientific topics and celebrates notable achievements. Our lecture series is free and open to the public, allowing interested community members to learn more about the natural world, and the Biological Station.
We are located at: 9133 Biological Rd., Pellston, MI 49769.
Speakers from all over the country and the UMBS community are invited to participate and share their work. We encourage everyone, including our students, faculty, researchers, and the public, to attend.
All events start at 7pm at the Biological Station. Please join us!
ANNOUNCING: The 2022 Summer Lecture Series
Our endowed lectures honor former instructors at UMBS:
- Olin Sewall Pettingill Lecture in Natural History
- Harry Hann Lecture in Ornithology
- Ralph E. Bennett Lecture in Mycology and Plant Biology
This year's endowed lecturers are:
- Dr. Danielle Ignace, University of British Columbia, Pettingill Lecturer
- Dr. Ben Winger, University of Michigan, Hann Lecturer
- Dr. Angélica L. González, Rutgers University, Bennett Lecturer
In addition to our endowed lecture series, UMBS will host weekly research talks in the summer months - open to all. The full itinerary is available here.