- Department DEI History
- Diversity Committee Members
- Diversity Research
- Diversity Resources
- Diversity Recruitment Weekend
- Graduate Student Organizations
- Graduate Student Programs & Resources
- Psychology DEI Library
- Scholarships & Awards
- STAR Scholars Program
- This Is DEI: Interviews With Diversity Innovators
- Campus DEI Units
The Department of Psychology at the University of Michigan is excited to announce a special graduate recruitment initiative. Diversity Recruitment Weekend provides eligible undergraduate students from around the country with information about graduate school in psychology, including at the University of Michigan.
The program consists of workshops, panel discussions, and individual meetings designed to prepare students for the graduate admissions process in psychology. The program includes sessions on developing a strong application and writing successful statements for graduate school, as well as strategies for gaining research experience. Students also have the opportunity to meet individually with faculty and graduate students at the University of Michigan who share similar research interests. Students learn about the different graduate programs in psychology offered at the University of Michigan.
Our Psychology Diversity Recruitment Weekend is open to undergraduate students and recent graduates (1-2 years out)
- from educational, cultural or geographic backgrounds that are underrepresented in graduate study in their discipline in the United States or at the University of Michigan
- who have demonstrated a commitment to diversity
- who have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances
- and/or are first-generation U.S. citizens or are the first generation in their family to graduate from a four-year college.
Please note that preference is given to students who are currently juniors and seniors. Recent graduates (1 or 2 years out) are also encouraged to apply.
Diversity Recruitment Weekend is a completely FREE annual event. This year the program will be conducted entirely online beginning the morning of Friday, October 21 through early afternoon on Saturday, October 22, 2022.
Interested students should complete the application form by the deadline of September 18, 2022. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by the beginning of October.