Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Graduate Students

Students interested in a graduate degree in Russian, East European, and Eurasian studies at the University of Michigan can pursue an M.A. through the Masters in International and Regional Studies (MIRS), which combines an interdisciplinary curriculum, rigorous methodological training, and international experiences with deep regional expertise.

Current Students

Prior to the 2019-20 academic year, CREES offered the Russian, East European, and Eurasian studies M.A. Students who matriculated in Fall 2018 or earlier can refer to the REES M.A. program requirements here.

CREES also offers a certificate of graduate studies, and invites graduate and professional students in other University of Michigan departments to apply to become CREES Graduate Student Associates.

Current students can contact our advisor at or schedule an advising appointment