- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- Senior Jessica Wang receives the 2022 Feminist Practice Award; Senior Emma Theisen wins Honorable Mention
- 2022 Undergraduate Honors Theses Presented
- 2022 Undergraduate and Graduate McGuigan Prizes Announced
- Gallery's First Exhibit in Two Years- Invisible Women: Portraits of Aging in Ukraine
- All Events
On April 27, 2018, the Department of Women's Studies celebrated the achievements of fifty-nine students graduating with degrees in Women's Studies and Gender & Health. Department Chair Rosario Ceballo welcomed a lively audience in the Michigan Union Ballroom, noting the quality of academic and activist pursuits displayed by the Class of 2018 during their time at Michigan. Diretor of Undergraduate Studies Victor Mendoza then provided an address in which he encouraged graduates to continue their commitment to feminist scholarship and practice in their future endeavors. Professor Mendoza also recognized recipients of the following awards:
- Dorothy Gies McGuigan Prize: Taylor Rovin
- Feminist Practice Award: G Ryan and Jamie Thompson
- Virginia L. Voss Memorial Award (presented by the LSA Honors Program): Melissa Neal
After the presentation of graduation certificates, students mingled with family, friends, and mentors at a reception celebrating their achievements.
All photos courtesy of Leisa Thompson.