Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Transfer Credit

The Department of Women's and Gender Studies allows students to take and transfer courses from other institutions to the University of Michigan for prerequisite and major/minor credit. Transfer credits may be applied toward a major, but at least 14 of your total 27 credits must be completed in residence. Transfer courses may also be applied toward a minor, with 10 of 15 credits taken in residence. 

To request that transfer and/or study abroad credits count for one of our majors or minors, please send the following information to

  • Course title
  • Course description
  • Syllabus (could be the syllabus for the same course in a different term)

Women's and Gender Studies will review the course and will respond to your request within two weeks. Please email with any questions. 

If you're interested in attending the University of Michigan, please visit the university's admissions website for additional information about applying and transferring credits.

Click here for Library Services for Transfer Students