Advanced Writing for Graduate Students
Only offered in Winter Term
This writing course is designed for graduate students who have made significant progress in their degree programs and are thinking about larger, ongoing writing projects: a prospectus, a conference paper, or an article for publication.
Class activities engage students’ projects in a range of ways designed to create a supportive community of writers and promote steady progress. These activities may include: discussion of effective academic writing and the demands of writing in graduate school; attention to specific writing strategies and techniques, such as argumentation, organization, research, aspects of style, audience, genre, and approaches to the writing process; “write-together” sessions; peer review and feedback; and 1:1 conferences with the instructor.
- Classes will be held in-person Monday 11:00am-12:00pm (section 1/Humanities) or Tuesdays 11:00am-12:00pm (section 2/Natural/Social Science).
- Permission of the Sweetland Center for Writing is required to register.
- This course is not designed to provide intensive language study for multilingual speakers.
- Applications for Winter 2023 are due Sunday, November 6, 2022, 11:59PM EST.
- Students will be notified by Monday, November 21, 2022.
Please send all questions to Laura Schuyler (email@example.com).