Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Grade Grievance Procedures

Please note that only the instructor of a course can change a student's grade. The first step to petitioning for a grade change is to work directly with the instructor. The student must meet with and instructor within the first fifteen business days of the next full term.  If the student and instructor are unable to resolve the grade issue and the student wishes to pursue a grade grievance, she should review the Psychology Grade Grievance Procedures at the link below and present the grounds for the grade grievance to the Department of Psychology Associate Chair for Teaching and Student Affairs, Professor Nestor Lopez-Duran (

For detailed information, see Psychology Grade Grievance Procedures.

For more general information about grades and grade changes, see LSA Grade Policies, Procedures & Standards.