Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$root.page}}

Genta Nishku received CompLit funding in 2022 to support her work as a summer internship at the Modern Languages Association, assisting with research and administrative tasks relating to the MLA International Bibliography, the database of world languages and literatures. The internship allows Genta to develop skills in indexing, archiving, and metadata management, as well as drawing on her linguistic expertise in Albanian, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, and Italian.

Genta writes: “By indexing these academic journals, I gained hands-on experience on the complex editorial decisions that are the basis of useful research tools like the MLA International Bibliography, and was able to contribute my language skills and research expertise. At the MLA, I learned that indexing is a deeply collaborative activity involving editors who are specialized in different fields and geographical areas, as well as constant conversation with thesaurus editors who ensure the shared indexing vocabulary reflects a changing academe.”