Application Fee Waivers are available for PhD applications only.
Based on the following criteria, if you believe you qualify for an application fee waiver, contact email@example.com. In a brief e-mail, provide proof and explain your qualifications for a fee waiver. Fee waivers are limited and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Application Fee Waiver Criteria:
- You have a record of superior academic achievement (please send unofficial transcript with your email);
- You are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- AND you must meet one or more of the following:
- a) Come from an educational, cultural or geographic background that is underrepresented in a graduate study in your discipline in the United States or at the University of Michigan;
- b) Have demonstarted a commitment to diversity in the academic, professional, or civic realm through your work experience, volunteer engagement, or leadership of student or community organizations. By diversity, we mean efforts to reduce social, educational or economic disparities based on race, ethnicity or gender, or to improve race relations in the U.S.;
- c) Have experience financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances;
- d) Are a first generation U.S. citizen or first generation in your family to graduate from a four-year college.
Please keep in mind race, ethnicity, gender, or national origin may not be used a criteria for requesting an application fee waiver.