Now Accepting Applications!
About the ADP
The Chemistry Accelerated Degree Program is a research-based Master's Degree completed during one additional year of graduate study.
• Spend another year at Michigan before pursuing advanced degrees in other programs or at other institutions
• Prepare for expanded opportunities in industry that the MS degree affords
Note: This program is not a precursor to a PhD in Chemistry at the University of Michigan. Accelerated Master's Degree students are welcome to apply to the Ph.D. program in competition with all other applicants..
- Pursuing a University of Michigan undergraduate degree
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA
- A record of research success
- A proposed research plan & support letter are required for admission
- In addition to LSA Chemistry majors, also eligible are those with chemistry minors or chemistry focused study or research in programs in Biophysics, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Cell & Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, etc.
- NOT eligible: students already pursuing two different undergraduate bachelors degrees (not majors), for example a BBA from Ross School of Business and a BS in LSA.
- NOT eligible: students already in special programs such as the CHEM/CHEM-E
How to Apply
Application deadline: February 1
Applications are welcomed from juniors and seniors.