- History of Art Major
- History of Art Minor
- Museum Studies Minor
- Advising Appointments
- History of Art Honors Program
- Career Guide and Resources
- Waitlist Policy
- Helicon Undergraduate Student Group
- Course Descriptions
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
- Transfer Policies
NOTE: Minors must consult with a History of Art advisor at least once a year.
The minor requires a minimum of at least 15 History of Art credits (and five courses) at the 200-level or higher, and completion of the History of Art distribution requirements. The 15 History of Art credits must include:
- At least two History of Art courses (or a minimum of 6 credits) must be at the 200-level.
- At least two History of Art courses (or a minimum of 6 credits) must be at the 300-level or higher, and one of these must be a 300-level or higher seminar.
- Courses elected with the pass-fail option (P/F) cannot be counted toward the minor.
Minors in the History of Art are required to select 200-level or higher courses that correspond to at least two of the five time periods and two of the six regions listed below. Since each course counts towards one time period and one region, the distribution requirements can be satisfied with as few as two courses.
- Early Modern
- Modern and Contemporary
- The Middle East (includes Western and Central Asia, and North Africa)
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Asia (includes China, Japan, India, South and Southeast Asia, and the Pacific)
- Europe and the U.S.
- Latin America and the Caribbean
For students who declare prior to August 28, 2023, please consult with a concentration advisor.