Fall 2020 Anthropology Graduate Program applications are now open!
Application deadline: December 15, 2019
Michigan's Anthropology Ph.D. Program takes an average of 7 years to complete. We do not offer a terminal Master's degree program.
Application Fee Waivers for Fall 2020 Applications
If you believe you qualify for an application fee waiver, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing proof and an explanation of your eligibility based on the following:
1. You have a record of superior academic achievement;
2. You are U.S. citizens or permanent residents; AND must meet one or more of the following:
- Come from an educational, cultural or geographic background that is underrepresented in graduate study in your discipline in the United States or at the University of Michigan;
- Have demonstrated a commitment to diversity in the academic, professional, or civic realm through their work experience, volunteer engagement, or leadership of student or community organizations. By diversity, we mean efforts to reduce social, educational or economic disparities based on race, ethnicity or gender, or to improve race relations in the U.S.;
- Have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances;
- Are a first generation U.S. citizens or first generation in your family to graduate from a four‐ year college.
Please keep in mind that race, ethnicity, gender, or national origin may not be used as a criteria for requesting an application fee waiver.
FLAS Fellowships Reminder
The FLAS application deadline is January 15th (11:59 p.m. EST). When completing the application, please list Katia Kitchen (email@example.com) as the contact for Anthropology graduate program admissions so that your graduate application will be uploaded to your FLAS application.
Are you locked out of your graduate application (Friend Account)?
Contact Rackham Graduate Admissions at 734-764-8129 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have your access unlocked.
Email us at email@example.com.