- Women's and Gender Studies Major
- Gender and Health Major
- Honors Program
- Undergraduate Courses
- Transfer Credit
- Global and Intercultural Study
- What Can You Do With a Women's and Gender Studies Degree?
- Herman Family Internship Initiative
- Dorothy McGuigan Prizes
- Feminist Practice Award
- SOAR - Research Program
- Declare and Release
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, & Queer (LGBTQ) and Sexuality Studies minor offers students an interdisciplinary approach to the study of sexuality. Coursework allows students to examine religious beliefs, legal codes, medical constructions, and social movements that are historically variable and culturally specific. With the contributions of empirical research, feminist scholarship, and queer theory, the minor acquaints students with the history of sexuality and the formation of sexual identities and sexuality.
The LGBTQ and Sexuality Studies minor requires students to take five courses totalling at least 15 credits. Students are encouraged to consult with a department advisor for additional information/
Minor Specific Course Advising (LGBTQ minor courses are in the hot pink column)
A Note Regarding LSA Minor Policies
1. A major must be declared before a minor can be delcared.
2. Only one course may be used to meet requirements for both a major and minor.
3. Courses in the minor may be used for LSA distribution requirements (SS, HU, etc.).
Please see the LSA policies on academic minors for more information.