- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- Senior Jessica Wang receives the 2022 Feminist Practice Award; Senior Emma Theisen wins Honorable Mention
- 2022 Undergraduate Honors Theses Presented
- 2022 Undergraduate and Graduate McGuigan Prizes Announced
- Gallery's First Exhibit in Two Years- Invisible Women: Portraits of Aging in Ukraine
- Petra Kuppers Receives Praise for Gut Botany
- Lisa Harris Interviewed by NPR
- Abby Dumes on Long Covid in the NYT
- Dean Hubbs featured in LSA Magazine
- All Events
On August 27, the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts announced that Women's Studies Chair Rosario Ceballo will serve as interim associate dean for social sciences, effective September 1.
Professor Ceballo, who has been chair of Women's Studies since 2015, succeeds fellow Women's Studies Professor Elizabeth Cole, who was named interim dean of LSA earlier this month.
As associate dean, Professor Ceballo will oversee all social science departments in LSA. Professor Ceballo brings an impressive record of experience to the dean's office, having launched Women's Studies new Gender & Health major in 2016 and expanded the intellectual breadth and vision of the department throughout her tenure as chair. She is also an accomplished researcher, whose work focuses primarily on academic and pyschological functioning of children and adolescents living in poverty.
"I am honored by this opportunity and excited about working with the highly esteemed departments in the social sciences,” says Professor Ceballo. " I look forward to working with [my colleagues] to support ongoing and new commitments in innovative and socially impactful research, in high-quality mentoring of graduate and undergraduate students, and in creative teaching approaches and diversity initiatives throughout our division."