Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Travel Policy

The U-M International Travel Policy applies to faculty, staff, and students traveling outside of the United States for U-M related travel. Visit the Global Michigan website for travel policy details and a list of current Travel Warning and Travel Restriction destinations.

College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA) International Travel Policy

All U-M students traveling abroad with support from the International Institute (including any of its centers or programs) are additionally required to comply with the LSA International Travel Policy. Support from the International Institute may include:

  • Funding for travel or overseas activities
  • Organization of study, research, or internship programs
  • Experiences for which students are granted U-M in-residence credit

To receive funding/credit for their international experiences, students are required to register their travel, purchase U-M’s Travel Abroad Health Insurance, and provide emergency contact information. For more information on how to complete these steps, go to Register Your Travel page on the LSA Travel website. 

More Information